PLEASE NOTE: Registration closes April 16, 2021 to allow for distribution of training materials prior the webinar. Additionally, please be sure to enter your FULL AND CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS during registration.
This three-day webinar is designed for experienced police personnel who seek to become trainers in work zone traffic control. The NJDOT and other agencies require enforcement personnel to be trained when working on roadway construction projects. Those participants who successfully complete this series will be eligible to serve as Police Work Zone Safety Instructors for their agency.
This virtual course is developed around typical long-term and short-term road work activities that occur on municipal, county or state roadways. The training covers the standards of work zone protection as specified in the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
This course is open to LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL ONLY.
Please register using the address you would like the materials delivered to. Officers will receive the following training materials in the mail prior to the start of the webinar. :
- A flash drive containing course handouts and applicable power point presentations for training
- The MUTCD (Part VI), ATSSA Flagger Handbook, and NJDOT Maintenance Flip Guide
To successfully complete this webinar and be permitted to conduct work zone training for your department, you must:
- Have an electronic device with internet access capable of receiving both an audio & visual feed from the Rutgers Webex platform
- Attend all three webinars from 8a-4p which will contain several breaks to facilitate online learning
- Complete an online survey at the conclusion of training
The class schedule is as follows:
Day 1: The MUTCD (Part VI)
Day 2: NJ DOT Projects/Municipal v. State Roadways (State Police)
Day 3: Legal Liabilities/OSHA/Local Law Enforcement in Work Zones